Monday, March 17, 2014

OK, so I know you guys had trouble finding cells going through the stages of mitosis, but the cells were actually working just fine! Mrs. Faulkner and I did a couple of slides after school just for funzies and both of our cells showed mitotic division.

We did have to look closely at every cell we came across, but it was possible

Errors that probably occurred: cells weren't thinned out enough, cells weren't rinsed well enough and/or not enough time was spent going through the many cells on your slide.

I left some root growing in class so we can make another attempt some time this week, even if it's just me doing a demo and showing you.

* Clayton: your phone takes a much better pix! This image looks better on my phone, but in case you can't tell what it is, it's a cell in metaphase- we also saw prophase and telophase.